Todd Boehly leads race to buy Chelsea from Abramovich, Haaland MEETS Barcelona boss Xavi – transfer news l… – The US Sun

ROMAN ABRAMOVICH is conducting an auction for the sale of Chelsea after announcing he is parting company with the club.
American billionaire Todd Boehly is believed to be in pole position to buy the West London club along with Swiss billionaire Hansjorg Wyss.
John Terry has labelled Abramovich as "the best owner in the world" following the confirmation of the Russian billionaire's imminent departure.
However Premier League, Richard Masters also said that it is "good" Abramovich is cutting ties with Chelsea.
Follow ALL of the latest updates and transfer gossip from Stamford Bridge right here…
JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET A FREE £10 BONUS WITH 100s OF GAMES TO PLAY AND NO DEPOSIT REQUIRED (Ts&Cs apply)
Old Lady to release Ramsey
Juventus are preparing to cancel Aaron Ramsey's contract this summer, leaving the Welsh international without a club.
Calciomercato report (Via the Mirror) that the Serie A giants are ready to take a hit on the injury-prone midfielder despite two years still remaining on his deal.
Ramsey is currently on loan at Rangers in the Scottish Premiership, but has found his time in Glasgow hampered by fitness issues.
And as a result, the Ibrox club have decided against making the deal permanent at the end of the season.
Juve considered releasing Ramsey in January until Rangers came calling.
Gunners exploring South American market
Arsenal are monitoring players in South America as a direct result of Brexit, report football.london.
The Gunners made the conscious decision after it became apparent that signing players from second tier European leagues would now be a complicated procedure.
Many South American countries are considered a higher calibre by authorities, meaning work permits for players in those leagues would be easier to obtain than their European counterparts.
One such player on Arsenal's radar is Peruvian right-back Jhilmar Lora. The 21-year-old is seen as an exciting prospect, and already has six international caps for his country.
Lampard explains Mykolenko withdrawal
Everton manager Frank Lampard has revealed that he substituted Vitalii Mykolenko as a precaution in last night's FA Cup win over non-league Boreham Wood.
Ukrainian Mykolenko was named as the Toffees captain for the night in a show of solidarity with the player over Russia's invasion of his home country.
However, the defender was substituted for Seamus Coleman on the hour mark, having picked up a knock.
Lampard explained that the issue wasn't serious, but the club didn't want to take any risks: "It's a dead leg. It's high-up so hopefully not too bad."
Everton visit Tottenham in the Premier League on Monday night.
Roman Abramovich's Chelsea sale 'unfair'
Newcastle co-owner Amanda Staveley doesn't believe that it is 'particularly fair' that Roman Abramovich is having to sell Chelsea following Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
The Russian billionaire made the decision after facing calls to be sanctioned over his alleged links to Vladimir Putin.
Speaking at the Financial Times Business of Football Summit, Staveley said: "We're always going to have geopolitical issues. I'm really sad that someone is going to have a football club taken away because of a relationship he may have with someone.
"I don't think that's particularly fair to be honest – but we do have to hold all of our relationships to account."
Staveley also responded to reports that she had previously tried to purchase the Blues. She said: "Chelsea is a wonderful club, but there was only one club for us, and will only ever be one club for us.
"We like the challenge of buying a club in 20th position and getting it to the top."
Barca in Ruben Neves talks
Manchester United and Arsenal have both been linked with a move for Wolves' Ruben Neves, but the Premier League pair now face stiff competition from Barcelona.
That's the understanding of The Mail, who write that the La Liga giants have already been in talks with the midfielder's representatives.
Barca and Wolves have already agreed one deal this year after Adama Traore moved to Spain on loan during the January transfer window.
Neves has little over a year to run on his current deal at Molineux, having joined the club at a teenager in 2017.
Gunners given Watkins green light
News of Aston Villa's approach for Luis Suarez has led to Arsenal being given the go-ahead to approach Ollie Watkins, according to Football Insider.
Steven Gerrard is said to be willing to listen to offers for the 26-year-old, who he is doesn't see as the ideal striker to take the club forward.
Watkins has been a mainstay of the Villa attack since Dean Smith paid £28million in 2020 for the player he previously worked with at Brentford.
The Gunners require urgent reinforcements in attack following the departure of Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang last month, and Mikel Arteta is said to be an admirer of Watkins.
Watkins has only managed six Premier League goals so far this season, having struck 14 last term.
Gerrard planning shock Suarez reunion
Steven Gerrard could be reunited with Luis Suarez this summer with Aston Villa hoping to sign the striker on a free transfer.
The Express reports that Villa would be willing to overlook their usual transfer policy in order to bring the 35-year-old back to the Premier League.
Suarez is out of contract at Atletico Madrid in June, and is already being tracked by clubs in Spain and Italy.
However, Villa boss Gerrard is hopeful that he could convince Suarez to join him in the West Midlands, having enjoyed such a close relationship with the Uruguayan when they were players together at Liverpool.
Good morning footy fans
Timo Werner wants showdown talks with Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel over his future at the club.
A move back to Germany seems likely with Borussia Dortmund interested in the 25-year-old.
However, his high wages could prove a stumbling block for the club sitting second in the Bundesliga table.
Werner’s representatives are set to meet with Chelsea officials in the approaching weeks to discuss their future, according to Goal.
Meanwhile, Erling Haaland has met with Barcelona boss Xavi ahead of a possible summer transfer, according to reports.
L’Esportiu claims Xavi and club chief Jordi Cruyff both met with Haaland on a trip to Dortmund.
They are hoping to convince the striker to join them ahead of Man Utd and Man City.
And Haaland reportedly favours a move to Spain over England.
Finally, Newcastle are reportedly set to launch a £40million bid for Napoli star Fabian Ruiz.
That’s despite facing fierce competition from Man Utd, Arsenal and other European giants.
Corriere dello Sport claims Newcastle failed to land the midfielder in January due to their precarious position in the table.
But with the Magpies looking on course to avoid relegation, they believe they can finally lure Ruiz to St James’ this summer.
Chelsea line up Barcelona defender
Chelsea are reportedly ready to move for Barcelona defender Ronald Araujo.
That's after the Spanish giants pounced for Andreas Christensen AND Cesar Azpilicueta on free transfers.
Marca claims the Blues duo are set to move to the Nou Camp when their Stamford Bridge contracts expire this summer.
But Chelsea will seek revenge by snapping up Araujo from Barca, who is out of contract in 2023 and worried about his future in Catalonia.
From SunSport reporter Martin Lipton
Roman Abramovich is set to receive his first official bid for Chelsea this week from an American-Swiss billionaire consortium of Todd Boehly and Hansjorg Wyss.
Boehly, who owns a stake in the LA Dodgers, and Wyss are expected to make a bid of around £2bn, which could arrive as early as Friday.
At least two other groups are weighing up a bid.
And Jim Ratcliffe, one of Britain’s richest men who is worth around £6bn, could lodge an offer through his Ineos empire.
Fifa to allow Russian transfers
Fifa is set to allow foreign players with Russian clubs to rip up their contracts and move THIS season.
Fifpro said: “These foreign players may rightfully consider that they are not willing to represent any longer a Russian team.
“They should be able to immediately terminate their contract with their employer without facing any sanction whatsoever from international bodies.
“And they should be allowed to be registered in a new club without being restricted by transfer period regulations.”
Botman rejects Newcastle summer move
Sven Botman has reportedly snubbed a summer move to Newcastle.
The Toon failed to sign Lille’s star defender in January.
And Gazzetta claims Botman has opted to join AC Milan instead.
It’s reckoned the Dutch centre-back will cost upwards of £25million.
John Toshack taken off ventilator
Liverpool legend John Toshack has been taken off a ventilator after showing signs of recovery in his battle against Covid-caused pneumonia.
The former Wales manager, 72, spent around five days breathing with the help of a machine after being admitted to a Barcelona intensive care unit.
On Thursday, doctors were said to be hoping to transfer him to a normal ward in the coming days if his condition continued to improve.
His wife Maite has been quoted as saying: “Everyone is rooting for you. Everyone is calling me to give you strength and I hope those messages reach you and we can go home soon.”
Up for the FA Cup
Chelsea will travel to Middlesbrough in the FA Cup quarter-finals.
Meanwhile, Liverpool take on the winner of Nottingham Forest vs Huddersfield.
And Manchester City face a trip to Southampton.
The final tie sees Crystal Palace host either Everton or Boreham Wood.
Werner set for showdown talks
Timo Werner wants showdown talks with Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel over his future at the club.
A move back to Germany seems likely with Borussia Dortmund interested in the 25-year-old.
However, his high wages could prove a stumbling block for the club sitting second in the Bundesliga table.
Werner’s representatives are set to meet with Chelsea officials in the approaching weeks to discuss their future, according to Goal.
Newcastle plan Fabian Ruiz swoop
Newcastle are reportedly set to launch a £40million bid for Napoli star Fabian Ruiz.
That’s despite facing fierce competition from Man Utd, Arsenal and other European giants.
Corriere dello Sport claims Newcastle failed to land the midfielder in January due to their precarious position in the table.
But with the Magpies looking on course to avoid relegation, they believe they can finally lure Ruiz to St James’ this summer.
Man City get Martinez boost
Man City have received a huge boost in their transfer pursuit of Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez.
That’s because the Italians have already lined up a replacement in Gladbach’s Marcus Thuram.
Football Italia claims Inter could be willing to meet his £38million release clause.
And that may pave the way for City to swoop for Martinez.
Spurs plot De Vrij bid
Tottenham are reportedly preparing to offer Inter Milan defender Stefan de Vrij £100,000 a week as they look to secure his signature this summer.
InterLive claims the Italians are ready to sell the Dutch ace this summer.
And Antonio Conte is keen to pounce for one of the stars of his own San Siro era.
De Vrij could cost as little as £20million, and Spurs are willing to offer him a tasty pay package.
Toon consortium eyed Chelsea first
Newcastle co-owner Amanda Staveley has claimed the club's Saudi-backed investors had the 'opportunity to look at Chelsea'.
She said: "We had the opportunity to look at Chelsea – a wonderful club – but there was only one club for us and there will only be one club for us.
"I'm really sad today that someone [Roman Abramovich] is going to have their football club taken away because of a relationship they may have with someone."
"I don't think that is fair, actually, to be honest. But we do have to hold all of our relationships to account."
Rio backs Jesus for Arsenal
Arsenal have been advised to sign Manchester City star Gabriel Jesus by Man Utd legend Rio Ferdinand.
The Brazilian striker could be available this summer, and Arsenal need a new forward.
Ferdinand told Vibe with Five: "If I was Arsenal, I would go and buy Gabriel Jesus."
Barcelona meet with Dortmund’s Haaland
Erling Haaland has met with Barcelona boss Xavi ahead of a possible summer transfer, according to reports.
L’Esportiu claims Xavi and club chief Jordi Cruyff both met with Haaland on a trip to Dortmund.
They are hoping to convince the striker to join them ahead of Man Utd and Man City.
And Haaland reportedly favours a move to Spain over England.
Marcelo wants son as teammate
Real Madrid legend Marcelo wants to carry on playing for the club – until his SON Enzo Viera, 12, can join him in the first team.
Marcelo, 33, told Marca: “I’m calm. This is my club. I have the idea of playing until my son grows up so that I can play with him, and I want to keep going at a high level.
"Now we have important matches. I’m the captain of the best team in the world.
"I’m calm and I feel protected. I’m not thinking too far ahead. Everything comes to an end. I’d like to retire here, but it’s not up to me to make the decision."
Prem chief welcomes Abramovich exit
Prem boss Richard Masters says it is GOOD for English football that Roman Abramovich is selling Chelsea.
Masters said: “I think it’s the right decision. 
“The situation has escalated incredibly quickly over the last seven days and he’s come to the right conclusion that it was unsustainable in the current environment.
“It’s a welcome decision and for the sake of everybody, including the fans, the sooner the sale process concludes and completes, the quicker everyone can have certainty.”
Gunners says yes to Noa
Arsenal are said to be 'extremely' interested in Club Brugge winger Noa Lang, according to French media.
The Dutchman has been watched repeatedly by representatives from the Emirates, while there has also been alternative Premier League attention from Leicester.
Lang has been captained three times by the Netherlands, and has contributed eight goals and 12 assists for Bruges in all competitions this season.
It is understood that a bid of around €35million will be enough to tempt the Belgian club into doing business.
The 22-year-old would certainly fit in well at Arsenal. He's been sent off five times in his career, including twice in the past eight games.
Dyche sweating on Mee's knees
Burnley boss Sean Dyche faces an anxious wait to discover whether captain Ben Mee is fit enough to face Chelsea on Saturday.
The Clarets skipper limped off towards the end of the first half of Tuesday's defeat to Leicester, and now finds himself in a race against time.
Speaking at his Thursday press conference, Dyche said: "Ben is going to be touch and go as to whether he makes it. We’re waiting on news tomorrow. It’s more of a knock than a twist so we’re waiting to see if it settles down in time."
Inside Kawhi Leonard's LA lifestyle, including $17.3m mansion and Rolls Royce
Stanford University soccer player's tragic cause of death revealed
Golf star heartbroken as mom dies of cancer after dad also died of disease
College athlete dies after Stanford women's soccer star found dead
© 2020 THE SUN, US, INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | TERMS OF USE | PRIVACY | YOUR AD CHOICES | SITEMAP

source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.